Thursday, November 14, 2013

'Pink taxis' for women introduced in Melbourne - Telegraph.co.uk


Mr Katsiabanis said he found it hard to recruit women drivers but believed they were more "caring" than their male counterparts.


"I think women are more caring and I think that they've got a more gentle demeanour than most men, so I think they'll cope well [with] the stress and pressures of traffic in Melbourne," he said.


A Melbourne veterinary nurse, Brook Trott, 18, said she would be more comfortable catching one of the pink taxis.


"I would feel more safe if I was to get in a taxi with another girl, as a driver or just a passenger," she told The Age.


Another woman, Tatjana Grgic, 42, said she was not particularly concerned about the gender of her driver during the day but would consider requesting a women driver at night.


"I've had all kinds of different male taxi drivers with the intention to get something out of you, not just money, and if I had a choice and they were asking the option, 'Would you like a male or a female?', my response would be 'female'," she said.



No comments:

Post a Comment