Wednesday, August 27, 2014

30 pick-up lines that would only work in Melbourne, if they worked at all - Herald Sun



Don’t use them all at once.


Don’t use them all at once. Source: HeraldSun




THE language of love is the same around the world, except in Melbourne, where prospective romantic partners are dismissed without hesitation if they don’t know what chai is.



Following our ‘Things Melburnians Never Say’ special that went mad on the interwebs, we bring you 30 pick-up lines that would only work in Melbourne, if they worked at all.


But with great power comes great responsibility.


The Herald Sun Department of Internet is not responsible for any face or groin injuries in the event of these phrases being put forward in the real world.



Offspring. And the things that need to happen to make offspring.


Offspring. And the things that need to happen to make offspring. Source: HeraldSun



2. Without you I’m lost like a cabbie on the Calder.


3. I’ll love you until Fletcher retires.


4. You like Underbelly? Want to see mine?


5. Want to use my myki? You can touch me off any time.



Ahhhhh ... s**t.


Ahhhhh ... s**t. Source: HeraldSun



7. I’d queue at Chin Chin for you.


8. Yes, that is a souvlaki in my pocket. But I’m also pleased to see you.


KNOW ANY GOOD MELBOURNE PICK-UP LINES? TELL US @TheHeraldSun USING #MelbournePickupLines


9. This is your stop? But I thought I’d get to Zone 2 with you.


10. I need you more than a train to the airport.



Ice skating?


Ice skating? Source: HeraldSun



12. We go together like Collingwood and bail.


13. You’re harder to get than a clean run down Springvale Rd.


FOLLOW MITCHELL ON TWITTER: @MitchellToy


14. You make my knees go weaker than Heppell’s Brownlow chances.


15. You must be the Grampians puma, because you can’t be real.



Then I’ll show you my house and land package.


Then I’ll show you my house and land package. Source: HeraldSun



17. You shine brighter than the New Year fireworks display. Sorry, I meant that as a compliment.


18. Are you a ticket inspector? Because you’re making me sweat.


19. I like my women how I like my coffee. Five times a day.


20. You are to my life what Gary is to my Supercoach team.



Always chasing.


Always chasing. Source: HeraldSun



22. Do you cycle here often?


23. If you leave me, my heart will break like the big wheel in mild heat.


24. We must not be in the City Loop because I’m feeling a strong connection.


25. You must be the Opposition Leader. I don’t know your name yet but soon you’ll run my life.



That’s right.


That’s right. Source: HeraldSun



27. Can I hide my bar in your laneway?


28. Did we just swim in the Yarra? Because I’m feeling dirty.


29. You know why they call me the tram conductor? Because only a machine can do it better than me.


30. You must be Eddie McGuire. Because all I see is you.


--------------------------------------------------------------


MORE: Freshly crafted Melbourne memes


RETRO: Why Melbourne was better in 1994


CREEPY: Melbourne’s urban myths put to the test


--------------------------------------------------------------


FOLLOW MITCHELL ON TWITTER: @MitchellToy


mitchell.toy@news.com.au



No comments:

Post a Comment