Thursday, August 22, 2013

Horse bolts during dramatic wedding proposal in Melbourne CBD - Herald Sun




Shane Burdon and Natalia Oleksaik


Shane Burdon and Natalia Oleksaik. Source: HeraldSun




A HUSBAND and wife-to-be have survived a marriage proposal they will never forget after a horse-drawn carriage went rogue in the CBD.



Shane Burdon, 28, from Pakenham booked the buggy in a romantic plan to propose to his girlfriend Natalia Oleksaik on her birthday on last night, but moments after he popped the question the horse got spooked and bolted 500m down Lonsdale St.


"Directly after I proposed we were out of control, heading off down the road, going through red lights, I just jumped on my girlfriend and held her tight," Mr Burdon said.


The carriage came to a stop when the horse collided with a bin and the driver was thrown from the cart sustaining injuries to her arm and back.


"For a second I thought I was going to have to kick the door out and we would have to jump free," Mr Burdon said.


Luckily no-one was seriously injured, the driver is in the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a stable condition.


The horse's condition is unknown.


Thankfully for Mr Burdon the all important "yes" was the answer.


"She said yes, we had a nice kiss and cuddle and then the horse took off," he said.


The pair won't be getting a horse-drawn carriage for the wedding.


"I think we will shy away from that one," he laughed.




No comments:

Post a Comment